Thursday, January 01, 2009

2008: A Year in Pictures

January 2008 (5 months old): Someone rang in the New Year partying too hard and had to recover the next day.We also had our first laser treatment for her PWS (Port Wine Stain) on Jan. 25th. She is always such a trooper!

February 2008 (6 months old): Oh my gosh - MOST beautiful baby ever. I'm sorry... she just is.


March 2008 (7 months old): Sitting on her own and loves her some tubby time!


April 2008 (8 months old): First 4 wheeler ride and Crawling!


May 2008 (9 months old): Fun play dates with friends... playing with Daddy... and first sippy cups (oh well if she didn't get the hang of it for a while)




June 2008 (10 months old): Pulling up on EVERYTHING! Early morning meltdowns. And 2nd laser treatment!



July 2008 (11 months old): I am about to cry, this is getting to me...

Playing outside with Molly. Eating baby carrots.



August 2008 (1 year old!!!): I am ONE! Not walking yet... It's scary to let go people!




September 2008 (13 months old): 3rd laser treatment and finally we are seeing some good fading. Patience is a virtue that my mommy is lacking.




October 2008 (14 months old): Happy Halloween! I am walking now! I started cruising the day before Halloween!




November 2008 (15 months old): Learning about ducks with Daddy and Papa at the duck camp. Happy Thanksgiving!





December 2008 (16 months old): 4th laser treatment. Merry Christmas!

Just because it was hot as blazes this Christmas does not mean a girl can't wear her new fuzzy boots around!




Wow... that took longer than I thought. I had a HARD time narrowing down cute pictures, because, ahem... there are SO many cute pictures of my baby girl. All in all, 2008 has been very good to us. We are still getting settled in/renovating our house in Bryant (yes, we have been here over a year, but it takes a while!). I got a promotion at Alltel, then left Alltel to join Entergy and work in Pine Bluff. We have been commuting for about 6 months now. It's getting easier, but hopefully it won't last forever. We'll either move down to White Hall, or maybe my job will get transferred to Little Rock. You just never know and we are not in any hurry right now.

***********************************************************************************

Lauren has had FOUR laser treatments in 2008. Her 5th is scheduled for March. We are finally seeing some good fading from these treatments. It's hard to describe the emotions that go along with her having these done. I still get nervous each time. I don't ever want her to think that we didn't try our hardest to lighten up the birthmarks, but at the same time I want her to know that her birthmarks don't define her. They are a part of her, but they do not define her. I know she will begin to understand soon and I am praying for wisdom when she begins to ask questions. I have purposefully never posted the pictures that we have taken of her after the procedures because I..., well, I don't really know why. I guess it is just sad to see those little laser marks that so much resemble burn marks. But now I have decided I will begin to share them with you. I think it might make it nice to have more opinions on the fading. I would like to know if you see fading, or if it's just me. I mean, I see her everyday and don't even notice the birthmarks anymore unless I am specifically looking for fading.

So, in 2009 I hope to dedicate more posts to Lauren's PWS progress. Thank you for letting me share. But I do have just one request. When I do post about her progress, please don't feel like you have to comment. I know that if you are looking at the pictures for the first time you may not know what to say. I totally understand. Thank you for your love and support, always.

I'm looking forward to what 2009 will bring! I hope you are too!
Lots of Love,
Tracy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Tracy,

Lauren is so beautiful! I especially love the picture of you and her (where she's wearing the camo hat). I can't wait to see more pics of her!

The Nelson Family said...

What a fun catch up on Lauren! It can be so hard having to deal with birthmarks like that, especially when the lazer treatments make everything look so inflamed at first. She really is such a beautiful baby girl! And seriously, you hardly notice the PWS except for after the treatments. Hang in there! We'd love to see all the progress and cheer with you even louder as it shrinks away!