So, Lauren has been off baby food for a little while now. I even gave the rest of the baby food to my nephew Brady. Enjoy the mushy sweet potatoes little man!
She eats anything you put in front of her. I think fruit and meat are favorites though. Anyway, yesterday she was at the new daycare (the one she will start on August 18th at Trey's work... YEAH! We finally got in.) The reason she was there yesterday was because when I pulled up at her daycare I saw some fire trucks and a police car. NICE. That'll put me on edge first thing in the morning. I should have took a picture of it. Anyway - there was no fire, but some smoke so they obviously were not going to be open. So, we turned around and headed back to Daddy's work to see what the plan was. Seeing as how we live almost an hour away we were hoping Lauren could stay at the arsenal daycare for the day. And she could! God was watching out for us (as He always is).
All that to say - she had a burrito and pinto beans for lunch! Do WHAT? I laughed so hard when Trey told me that. I'm assuming they cut it up in small bites for her because she only has 2 teeth. She has never even had anything close to mexican food before (maybe some spanish rice). Oh, and she had mango with it (I don't even think I've eaten mango before). That's awesome! I love that she will eat anything. I hope this continues into her toddler years.
Now we are working on two things:
1. Transitioning from formula to whole milk. I hope she likes milk. I think I might have messed up when I started giving her diluted juice in the afternoons... oh well.
2. Transitioning off of the bottle to the sippy cup. She does the sippy cup really well... especially if there is juice in it. :) Now if I can just get her to take it with her meal and with milk in it we'll be doing good! I will be SO GLAD when I don't have to wash bottles anymore! FYI - for the next baby I'm going to use a totally different bottle system (something much simpler) - I don't like washing all the parts for the Playtex Vent Air bottles that we use. It's a pain.
No pictures on this post... sorry!
Another question - For those of you that wear contacts and have somewhat dry eyes... what brand do you wear? I'm going to try to start wearing contacts again, because I just don't like glasses. I've ordered the Acuvue Oasis brand. They say it's the best... but I'm not sure if that's what gave me the "red eye" last time or not. Let me know what you think. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment