Wednesday, May 21, 2008

9 months old today!

Daddy is gettin' some sugar from his baby girl!


Lauren is 9 months old today! Time has really flown by. Before we know it she'll be one!!!

We went to the Dr. today to have her checkup and she did great! She didn't even cry when the nurse pricked her finger. She just watched her squeeze the blood out one drop at a time. I told her that since she was such a brave girl we would go to the store and buy her a treat. She had not yet experienced the Gerber puffs... so we bought two kinds - Sweet corn and Banana. She tried the sweet corn first and ate about 3 of them pretty fast!

Her stats from the Dr. visit:

Head size - 17" (she is in the 30th percentile)

Height - 27 3/8" (she is in the 40th percentile)

Weight - 15 lbs. 9 oz. (she is TINY - she is below the graph line and has fallen off the chart by 5%).

The crazy thing is that she eats a lot. The Dr. said if she is still below range at her 12 month checkup she will need to drink PediaSure instead of whole milk. Hopefully she'll just have a growth spurt in the next month or so. She probably won't get to ride forward facing in the car seat for a while... :(


But she crawls like a champ! She is so fast now too! Tonight I was loading the dishwasher and she was in the living room and before I knew I saw her poke her head around the corner and smile at me! It was so cute. You could tell she was totally proud of herself. She is also pulling up and standing. This morning I think she got stuck in the standing position and couldn't get down because she was hollering from her crib. I'm contemplating getting her a walker. Is it worth it? Or will she grow out of it too fast?


In other news - I have some prayer requests:

1. Her next laser treatment for the birthmarks is on June 3rd. She absolutely CANNOT get sick between now and then because we are not allowed to give her tylenol or motrin 2 weeks prior to her being put to sleep. Pray that she will stay well!!!

2. We are on her 3rd round of antiobiotics for ear infections. According to the Dr. today her ears look good, so let's hope this one worked.

3. I ran a fever for the past few days and am now getting over it, but still don't feel just great. My Dr. gave me some meds for allergies since it seems that nothing else is wrong. I am grateful for that, but would like to get rid of this headache and sore throat very soon.


I leave you with recent pics... I could stare at those blue eyes all day. :)



4 comments:

The Proctors said...

Lauren is precious!!! What a cutie! I hope you feel better soon...I've had the same thing...fever, sore throat, headache. I think it must be something going around!

meredith said...

That is such a sweet picture of Lauren and Trey. I know she has him wrapped around her little finger. I will pray that she stays well for her treatment and that you feel better soon. Unfortunately mommies don't get sick days.

HipShooter said...

There is nothing wrong with a tiny girl! It means you get to use the "Parents with Infants" parking spot in front of Best Buy for that much longer!

Kristin & Bradley said...

She is getting so big! I love the pictures of her and think she is absolutely adorable!! We'll be thinking about you guys as June 3rd comes closer...hopefully you guys can all stay well till then!!