Friday, August 31, 2007

Quick thoughts from a tired Mommy

1. Wednesday we learned we have Thrush. Fun stuff. Mommy gets off easy with using a cream. Poor Lauren has to have this stuff called Nystatin (she hates it), FOUR times a day. Side effects are upset stomach diarrehea.... just what a new mommy wants her newborn to have. UGH... So we are pumping and bottle feeding until the pain goes away to nurse. IF it every does!!! And so begins the Mommy guilt of not nursing. But she is still getting breast milk and that it all that matters, right? I hate this guilt thing - my emotions are a wreck as it is....


2. On the way home from learning we have Thrush - we got hit by a minivan on the Interstate - going almost 60 miles an hour. God was watching over us because no one was hurt and my car was not even damaged. We were pretty shook up about it. Lauren slept through it all. Thankfully Trey was drivning. The only reason we avoided getting hit was due to the exit off the interstate that was available just as the van swerved into us. Crazy thing - the minivan never stopped - they just kept driving.


3. Trey goes back to work on Tuesday - it will be just me and Lauren for the first time. I hope I can do this by myself... I guess I really don't have a choice. If need be I will call my mom back up here for assistance. :)


4. I am loving that I can bend over now... well not too far because of the C-section incision, but the pain and soreness of that is fading. And I am shocked and amazed that I have already, in less than 2 weeks lost just over 25 pounds.

And Trey says that my snoring has stopped. It never bothered me... :) But I know he is glad.


I'll leave you with more pics - most are from the hospital - they are Trey, my mom and dad, sister and my grandma. Trey's parents are coming up tomorrow, so I'm sure I'll get some good pics of them and post next week.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

She is precious!! I am jealous of all the hair!

meredith said...

She is so beautiful! Congratulations.

HipShooter said...

you'll have the hang of it before you know it!