I'm sorry I have not posted any pictures until now... we have been really busy getting to know our new angel and working on getting some much needed rest whenever possible! I hope I can get this done before her next feeding!
Quick recap on the story of her arrival:
Monday, 8/20/07 I went to the hospital to visit my friend Robin who was in labor with her lilttle girl. I stayed until just before she was born and then went home to rest. I had a very rough night that night with irregular contractions until about 7:00 that morning. I went ahead and went to work because I thought they might be false labor contractions that I had had many times before... by about 9:30 I realized something was very different this time. I had planned on going back to the hospital at lunch to visit my friend and meet her daughter, but we left early and I called my Dr. on the way. By this time my contractions had become stronger and I had been having them every 5 minutes for about 2 hours. My Dr. called me back and said they would have to get a room ready at the hospital because they were currently full... yikes! But after waiting about 1 hour we got a room and waited to see the Dr. to find out if Lauren would be coming that day. I had called Trey and he was on the way. My good friend from work, Sherri, stayed with me until he came. So they all occured by about 11:30 or so... The Dr. came in and said this was the real deal and he promptly broke my water. Not painful, but then he discovered that Lauren was breech. Hmmm.... I thought - that is what I suspected the whole time!!! We could have avoided the next hour of intense labor pains had we known this sooner. Oh well - it was worth it to get her here. Things moved pretty quickly and Lauren was born at 3:13 pm on Tuesday 8/21/07.
We came home from the hospital on Friday, the 24th - her actual due date. Everything is going good - we eat, sleep, and cry a little.
She is beautiful and we are so much in love with her.
Here are some pics to prove it!
3 comments:
Gorgeous, gorgeous!
She is beautiful - congratulations!
Thank you!!! We absolutely adore her. We are so blessed!
Post a Comment