So... what's new with us lately? June was a relatively quiet month. Our 5th anniversary came and went. We went out to eat (the restaurant was somewhat disappointing), got ice cream (made up for the dinner), and then went home and vegged on the couch. It was great to just relax!
Last weekend we had a baby shower in Minden at my aunt and uncle's house. We had a good turnout and got lots of fun baby stuff! To name a few items... our baby bedding, baby bathtub, Bumbo seat, clothes, diapers, gift card, and more! It was great fun and we appreciate everything! We had a lot of family there. Also, a sweet friend that I used to work with in Ruston and Warren and Jennifer Byrd. Thanks for coming! It meant so much to us!
My mom, sister, and Missy Guyton will be coming up to LR this weekend to host another shower for us. This one will be at my house. So, the pressure is on to get things all put away and clean! Thank goodness we have a day off in the middle of the week to get things done! I am excited about being "showered" again! And then in about 2 weeks, my co-workers are giving us a shower at work. We are so blessed and grateful for everything! Hopefully baby Steiner will be all set by then!
By the way, we have decided on a name... some may know already... should I release it now? Or should I tease you until she gets here? I guess teasing is no fun... so... without further delay - our little girl will be named: Lauren Grace
We decided on Lauren because that is my middle name and I've always liked it. And I love the name Grace. It is sweet, simple, and elegant.
Ah, yes... to the comment regarding a recent picture of me. Well, an executive decision has been made that the picture below is all you will see.
Yes, these are my feet. (And I know I am overdue for another pedicure...) This picture was taken this morning. You can see why I might not want you to see all of me - DUE TO THE SWELLING. For those of you that may not know - I usually have very narrow (we'll call them skinny) feet. Not so anymore. They have started to swell and will not stop. My left foot is always worse than my right... although this weekend my right foot gave the other one a run for it's money. It was so bad I had a hard time bending my toes. They looked like little sausages. Needlesstosay, I am not pleased with swelling that has occured elsewhere (hands, arms, rear, face...) and therefore will spare you the viewing of it. I am keeping my feet up at work and as much as possible at home, but you can only sit so much. And this child is sitting so low in my hips that she needs me to move around every so often. The doctor says that the swelling is okay because my blood pressure is still very normal. I'm grateful for that, but so very ungrateful for how I look and feel. All this to say - I know our little Lauren will be worth all of it and I can't wait to meet her!
OTHER NEWS: We have adopted my sister's dog Roscoe (also answers to Pico) for a month. They are waiting to be able to move out of the apartment and into a house in Shreveport. So, Roscoe is taking a little vacation in Arkansas. He is... well, I guess he's a mut, but a cute one. He's about 10 years old. I will have to get a picture of him for everyone to see. He, like my sweet dog Molly, has a thyroid problem and requires a pill twice a day. They are perfect for each other. :)
I haven't posted a picture of Molly in a while - this is my new favorite for a while. Did I mention she is the smartest dog in the world? Okay, maybe not the world... we'll just shoot for the smartest in Arkansas...

She loves Trey... :)
3 comments:
I do believe I laughed out loud when I read this post because I felt exactly like that not long ago. Did you notice the lack of prego Lauren pics on my blog? It's amazing how fast the swelling goes away; mine was better the night I delivered. Be glad it's summer and enjoy wearing flipflops to work!
The name is beautiful and I dont just say that because it's mine.
Hang in there; the coming weeks tend to drag on!
Thank you for the encouragement! I hope the next several weeks don't drag on too slowly. I will be keeping busy with my last MBA class... if I can make it through it!
What a pretty name! I know you can't wait to hold her in your arms. I can't wait to see pictures of your little girl.
Post a Comment