Recently I was forwarded an email from one of my friends from Arkansas... it was one of those "You know you're from Arkansas if..." We've all seen the one about Louisiana, but I thought some of these were unique to Arkansas. Here they are:
You know you're from Arkansas if:
1. "How 'bout them Hogs" is a common phrase around your house.
2. Everyone you know has been on a "Float Trip."
3. "Vacation" means driving to Hot Springs or maybe even Branson.
6. Up North to you means Missouri.
7. The phrase "I'm going to the Lake this weekend" only means one thing. (what does it mean?)
11. You instinctively ask someone you've just met, "What High School did you go to?"
14. You see people wear bib overalls at funerals.
15. You see a car running in the parking lot at the store with no one in it, no matter what time of the year.
16. You know in your heart that Arkansas can beat Texas in football.
17. You end your sentences with an unnecessary preposition. Example: "Where's my coat at?"
19. You install security lights on your house and garage and leave both unlocked.
20. You think of the major four food groups as beef, pork, catfish, and Sweet Tea.
23. You only own four spices: salt, pepper, ranch and ketchup.
24. You eat dinner at noon and supper at night.
25. The local paper covers national and international headlines in one column, but requires six pages for sports.
26. You think I-40 is spelled and pronounced "ah fahty."
27. You'll pay for your kids' way through college unless they want to go to UT
29. You know that you can't get anywhere without going through Little Rock first.
33. You know all four seasons: Almost Summer, Summer, Still Summer and Football.
34. You know if another Arkansan is from the Ozarks, Northern, Central, or Southern part of AR as soon as they open their mouth.
35. You know that Bill Clinton, Ted Danson's wife, and John Grisham are all from Arkansas.
36. You failed World Geography in school because you thought Paris, London, Bismark & Nashville were cities in Arkansas (& they are)!
38. You know what "Wooooo Pig Sooie" means.
Yesterday I witnessed the strangest thing... I was driving down I-530 towards home and saw an old white jacked up bronco coming out of the woods (covered in mud of course). There is not a service road on this interstate... so they just decided to merge themselves right on the freeway from the shoulder, during rush hour. What can you do except laugh and change lanes so they can join us on the highway. That's Arkansas for ya.
No comments:
Post a Comment