Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Where have we been?

Well... I have been working on school work with barely anytime to breathe! I am very ready for the semester to be over. By the way, I REALLY like the quarter system much better. These semesters are really dragging on and on and on...

So, what have we been up to the past few weeks? Well, let's see:

1/17/06 - George Strait concert - I waited 'til the last minute to get our tickets, so we were in the nosebleed section, but it was GREAT! He sang so many of his great hits... We had a great time, but were almost deaf upon leaving. Trey said he thought it might have been louder than the Creed concert he saw at Alltel Arena while in college.

2/12/06 - 5 years ago this day was mine and Trey's first date. Nothing special was done, but it was neat to think that 5 years has gone by! I am getting so old!

2/17/06 - Mardi Gras ball in Shreveport - very neat to go to something so fancy. My uncle was the King of the Krewe des Ambassadeurs (Minden, LA). Smaller krewe, but still neat. I was so much fun to get all "dolled" up. Trey was in his tuxedo and I was in fancy dress. I even had my hair done... kinda like you do for proms. It was freezing walking to the car, but I enjoyed it.

2/25/06 - New vinyl siding and gutters are finished on the house! Whohoo! It looks so good! We will have to post pictures once the new door and shutters are painted, and when we get the new columns put up. Sidenote - only when we got the outside of the house finished did the woodpecker start banging on the house... I still can't figure out what part he is trying to poke a hole in, but so help me if he pokes a hole in my new exterior... we'll just say that will be one dead bird.

3/4/06 - My birthday. I'm 26 now and I don't really like it. I don't feel 26; I hope I don't look it.
We went to Shogun's - my favorite restaurant. We ate so much, but it was worth it!

3/20/06 - My mid-term for Finance class. Let's just say I'm glad it's over and I DO NOT look forward to the final.

Well... that about sum's it up. In between Trey has been making big progress on the kitchen cabinets. Most of them are in the garage waiting their turn to be sanded and re-stained. But the ones that are up are BEAUTIFUL! Once again, I need to take some pictures of them to post, but I never seem to have the camera with me at work in order to do that. I need to write that down so I'll remember.

Speaking of which, does anyone else have that problem? I am finding that I MUST write things down in order to remember them these days. That can't be a good sign.

One more thing... you much check out this website: http://www.giantstepstalk.blogspot.com
The post for Friday, March 10, 2006 is my niece and it is just too funny!

Okay, until next time!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Thanks for posting! I love reading about how everyone is doing and I was beginning to worry about yall! Glad to hear yall are doing good....I know school is hard but it is worth it in the end!! (That's what I keep telling my husband too!:))

knelson said...

Tracy - how are you all doing! George Strait is one of the few concerts I would pay to go see - glad you had fun.
I will always think of you as one of the most faithful and courageous college students I have ever known...Carry on girl! Tell Trey hello and come to Ruston!

Tracy said...

Wow! Thank you Mrs. Kathy. That is just the very best compliment. See... even from miles away you are still encouraging me! I just love you so much! We have been meaning to get back to Ruston for a visit... hopefully soon.