I think it was too bright and we are all blue eyed and very light sensitive! So there was a lot of squinting going on. And then it got very hot too... Catherine was done after a few mintues of being out there. I think there is just one of her smiling. :(
I'm going to have to learn how to use my camera better so I can get some photos of her outside. I might try replicating the photo shoot and get some more photos to choose from one weekend. We'll see if I can do it!
Other than trying to get some more one year pictures for Catherine, we are doing pretty good. Trey has been traveling a LOT. Of course I don't post when he's gone and when he's home because I'm afraid of all the crazys out there. But his traveling is starting to wear on him a lot. We miss him when he is gone and I know he misses us too. We are really hoping that when he gets on a regular schedule after all the training that it will get better and we'll have a better routine.
We are getting really close on finishing the remodel/add-on house on the lake. We should be moving in the last weekend in June, just before July 4th! I've already scheduled the movers. This is the first move that we have actually hired people to help us. We just wanted to get it done faster and since our stuff is kind of scattered this is the best way. I'm ready to be in the "new" house so that we will finally feel settled here. Since we got here in September I have felt in limbo. We've been in my Grandma's house and I'm so grateful we were able to stay here, but we've been surrounded by boxes knowing that we would be moving again.
I'm getting excited about Lauren getting her furniture in her room back and I'm ready to have our office furniture back too! We've been using the dining room table for the office stuff and the clutter gets out of hand at times.
I'm also ready to have my bedroom furniture back. It's amazing how much the little things make it feel more like a home.
In other news I'm a broken record when I say I can't believe how much the girls have grown! Lauren will be in Kindergarten in the fall and Catherine is already 14 months old.
Lauren has had a GREAT preschool year. She has learned so much and just fit right in to a class of students that had been together for about 3 years. She is so a little extrovert and has never met a stranger! I love her big personality. She talks all the time and sometimes we have to remind her that being quiet every now and then is ok. :)
Catherine is growing so much. She is going through that stage where she sleeps a lot and goes to bed so early. I really don't like this stage because as a working mom I feel like my time with her during the week is really cut short. She is my little schedule child. She has her routine and if we stray from it, then it throws her off and she doesn't love that. So when we get home from work and school every day it's a race to get her dinner to her. She is hungry the moment we walk in the door! So I try to cook on the weekends and we eat left overs or something just really quite during the week. Then we race to get in the bathtub and by the end of the bath she is done. Sometimes she goes to bed as early as 6:15, but I try to keep her up until 7:00... but a lot of times she ends up in the bed around 6:45. She doesn't want to be rocked to sleep anymore... hasn't let me do that in a long time, unless she is sick. And she typically sleeps all night. There are nights she wakes up not being able to find the paci, but mostly I can get her back to sleep by giving it to her and laying her back down.
She is close to walking, but not quite there yet. Lauren walked just after 14 months too. So far they have been pretty even on meeting their milestones at the same times. Two peas in a pod!!!
Pushing Catherine down the hall in the laundry basket.
Lauren was worn out from pushing! Ha!
She'll be walking any day now!
Still preferring to crawl for now!
Where's Molly?
Look at that big girl and proud big sister! Catherine finally gets to sit facing forward. She is a pound or so below the weight requirement for our forward facing seat (seat is rated as 22 lbs and she weighs about 20 lbs), but she had seriously outgrown the infant carrier seat. She looked huge in the carrier and now she looks so small in the big seat. But I think she likes it!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment