Monday, January 09, 2012

Christmas update (it's about time!!!)

Okay, it's been forever since I have had a decent post.  So long that they have changed the blogger settings and template and I'm having to relearn how to do this!  that's pretty bad!

As I type this I'm nervously watching the LSU vs. Alabama game.  I hope we win!!!  But so far the score is Alabama 3 and LSU a big fat zero. 

I'll bet my mom is having a cow right now.  Ha!

So, I'm going to try and do a re-cap of the last month or so and post Christmas pictures all in one. 

First Lauren had her first Christmas production at her school.  It was too cute.  They told the Christmas story.  Lauren was a sheep.  She really wanted to be Mary, but she played a great sheep! 





When she first saw me and Mom and Jen in the crowd she just couldn't stop herself from jumping up and down and smiling.  It was so cute!  She knew her line very well, although it was hard to hear because the microphones weren't close enough.  But we know she did it great!  And she knew all the lines to the songs they sang.  Joy to the World and Away in a Manger.  She is still singing them.  I think we'll be hearing Christmas carols from her all year!  But that is okay!

Catherine's class were supposed to be little elves with hats, but I'm guessing they couldn't get any of the babies to keep the hats on.  So they just wore their Christmas jammies and rode in the wagons on stage.  Catherine was hilarious.  She made this mad face the entire time.



And then she saw me.


"Mama!!!  Rescue me!"  So cute!





We had a GREAT Christmas.  It was so fun with both girls this year.  Lauren got really into Santa Claus and Catherine was too cute crawling over everything in sight. 

We made cookies for Santa and had food for the reindeer (puppy chow/muddy buddies).  I ate so much of that stuff I made myself sick.  And I'm paying for it now!

On Christmas morning I woke up  (around 7:30) and realized no one had woken up yet, so I quickly went into the kitchen and made Catherine's bottle.  Then I woke up Trey and told him to hurry and get dressed before the girls woke up.  I went to check to see if Lauren was awake and I think she was playing possum!  She rolled over so fast and shot out of that bed after I told her that Santa had come!





She wasted NO time opening those presents!

Catherine was taking her time with her morning bottle but as soon as she was done she got to join Lauren in the action. 




It was so fun to watch the girls open their presents and immediately start wanting to play with them.  I think one of the biggest hits was the busy ball popper.  They both love it!






Super Lauren! 
This is my favorite gift that we got her this year.  I love it and she does too!  Yeah!

After getting some things cleaned up, Trey made omelets and we had breakfast and started getting ready to go to Nina's for lunch and more presents for the kids.






Of course Catherine was sleeping through the all the other kids opening their presents, but she got to open hers when she woke up.






I need to remember to get family pictures on Christmas day.  :(  I don't have a single one of all of us together.  But we were all there and we all had a great time.  I also don't have any pictures of us at the Steiners that night, but we went and again, had a great time with family too.  I'll try to do better next year!

The BEST part of this year was being at home!  We didn't have to pack presents and then travel.  And then repack and bring back those same presents.  We got to wake up in our house on Christmas morning and then sleep in our beds again after the whirl wind day was over.  SO nice!!!

We took all the Christmas decor down by the 27th because Trey was headed out for 17 days of training and I didn't want to do that all by myself.  It's been a LONG stretch without Trey here, but he'll be home in 2 days and WE CAN'T WAIT!!!

The girls LOVE their Daddy!

This year of training is challenging, but not horrible.  We miss him when he's gone, but it's so sweet when he comes home.  I know it will be worth it when he's done and we can get on a regular 14 on and 14 off schedule.  Starting in October that will happen, so until then we'll just grin and bear it. 

I could never have done this type of schedule without my family close by.  It would not have been possilbe and so I am so thankful for their help! 



Okay, time to finish watching the LSU game.  The second half is about to start and LSU is down by 9 and has yet to score.  YIKES! 

No comments: