Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Puttin' on a smile

Tomorrow is our last full day here in Arkansas.  Well it is for me and the girls.  Trey will still have to wrap some things up, but we are set to return to our roots, so to speak, by the weekend!

It's such a large range of emotions.  Nothing is sweeter than going home to family, but leaving friends that have become family is hard.  I'm forcing a smile a lot right now...


This girl.  She has been my best friend for the past 5 years.  Between the two of us, we have seen each other through 4 births and 5 pregnancies.  I can tell her anything and she will listen and understand.  I hugged her hard and told her that I loved her in the Chick-Fil-A parking lot last week.  I told her not to cry and then when I turned around to go to my car I sobbed.  When I think of not being able to see her I want to cry again.  BUT we promised each other that we will take turns visiting.  It's only 4 hours away and yes, it will be work, but we will and can do it.  And distance will not change the fact that she will remain my best friend.  I firmly believe that God planned our meeting and knew that we would need each other's friendship.  And in writing this I am starting to cry again, so I have to just stop now.

Robin, I hope you know how much I cherish your friendship and you.  You are amazing and I love you dearly. 

And my big girl LOVES her some Kate.  They have been friends since birth... literally!  Born just one day apart.  I sat in Robin's recovery room while I was in labor waiting for my delivery room to open up. 

We are going to frame this picture for our house so we can see Kate every day.



Friendship doesn't end because a state separates you.  

No comments: