Monday, July 25, 2011

Catherine's 4 month stats

Catherine had her 4 month appointment on Friday...


Weight: 12 lbs 10 oz  (one oz less than Lauren at this age)
Height: 24 1/2 inches  (1/4 inch longer than Lauren at this age)
Head: 15 1/2 inches (I think...  I do know it was in the 10th percentile)

I think she is going to be taller than Lauren.  Which means she'll probably be about average, because my Lauren is so petite.  Lauren will be 4 next month and she barely tips the scales at 30 pounds.  Skinny little thing!

So, Catherine's appoinment went well.  Her shots were awful, but aren't they always?  She cried and cried.  We opt for NO bandaids anymore because taking those things off is almost worse than the shots... even when you soak them in the bathtub.  No bandaids for us.

I talked with our pediatrician at great length regarding 2 issues:  the torticollis "diagnosis" and her flat head.  We both agreed that the recommendation for an hour of Physical Therapy a week for 6 months seems excessive for Catherine.  The PT said her torticollis was mild at best and since she has gained greater head control she does not tilt her head at all to the right.  She holds it up straight.  She does favor looking right when sleeping on her stomach but when I pick up her head to move it facing left she does not resist.  And when sleeping on her back she faces left.  I think she's fine and my doctor agrees.  But we are going to continue our stretches for a few more weeks and re-evaluate.

My biggest concern is her flat head.  It has not show significant improvement and the doctor agreed that it was pretty flat.  She let me know that she would call the clinic that specializes in the helments and head scans to see if they would even agree to see her this young.  I say WHY WAIT???  I hope they don't turn us down because I feel like she needs to be seen sooner rather than later.  I don't see why we would need to wait until she is 6 months old to have her evaluated.  Her head has been noticeably flat since she was 2 months old.  I think waiting would be worse.  So I hope that they agree to at least look at her.  It will give me better peace of mind once she is seen by a specialist.  We'll see what the doctor says when I get a call back this week.  I'm praying they don't reject us... If they do I'm going to have to find a way to be seen by someone. 

No comments: