Monday, April 11, 2011

Perspective

Touchdown!

Catherine is now 3 weeks old!  It's gone by so fast and I know it's just going to go faster and faster.  She sure is a cutie patootie!  She is having a little bit longer wake periods and I know she is just growing like a weed because the newborn clothes are actually starting to fit!  Ha!  I can't wait to find out how much she weighs next week at her one month check up.  Although I'm not looking forward to the shots part of the visit.





She's growing, but still on the tiny side right now.  :)  These pictures kind of put it into perspective her size.
Catherine and Lauren's baby doll...


These are those baby leg warmers that are "one size fits all"... Um, okay.  We roll them up 2 or 3 times to wear them now.  Trey says they freak him out a little bit.  ha!

TV remote.  And she looks like an old man with her pants pulled up that high!


She also grunts and squeaks a lot.  I don't really understand what she is trying to tell me sometimes.  She will make those noises in her sleep too.  She only cries when you don't get her bottle to her fast enough. 

She is getting better about sleeping in her bed... instead of with me or on me.  I took the advice of some co-workers and put a heating pad in her bed to warm it a little bit before I put her down in it (removing the heating pad before I lay her down of course).  I think it's really helping.  The past several nights she has slept in  her bed between feedings and I've been able to sleep in my bed without worrying about her being in there with us.  Of course I still worry about her being in her bed all by herself... the mother's curse of guilt.  I feel guilty for her not being in our room, but then I know we need to sleep too.  Besides, she is just around the corner, so she isn't far.  And I don't sleep that great because I'm constantly up checking on her.



She does sometimes fight her sleep though.  And that's when she really starts the squeaking/squealing/grunting begins.  As I type this (one handed),  I am having to hold her little hands so she'll calm down while she lays next to me and sleep,  She likes to be touched, I think its comforting to her.

It's taken me all day to write this post... it's now a different nap time and the only way to get her to sleep was to put her in the swing.  Girl likes to move and she is sleeping soundly right now.  Yeah!  Now maybe I can get a shower?  Who am I kidding?  I won't be able to do that because I'll worry about her the whole time and not be able to enjoy the shower.  I'll just wait.  :)



Call me biased, but my girls are beautiful!  And I hope they grow up to be best friends!  Lauren loves to look at Catherine when her eyes are open.  If I tell Lauren that Catherine's eyes are open she always says, "Can I see?"  And then she also loves to kiss her on the head and wants to help me everytime I change her diaper.  If I don't ask for her help, then she gets her feelings hurt.



I am so thankful for my family.

No comments: