Friday, April 22, 2011

One Month Old

Catherine turned one month old on Wednesday, April 20th.  I can't believe it's been a month already!  I will have to go back to work before you know it and that will be a sad day.  :(



She is growing good!  She weighs 7 lbs and 7 oz now and is 20 inches long.  She is almost as big as Lauren was when she was born, ha!




Right now we are trying to get on a schedule, but sometimes we have to wing it.  I'm trying to read Secrets of the Baby Whisperer right now to figure out how to read all her cues and cries.  Although she is pretty easy to read right now.  She doesn't really cry at all unless she is hungry and the bottle doesn't get to her mouth fast enough.  She does grunt and make squeaky sounds a LOT.  I'm trying to get her to learn to sleep in her bed, but her favorite spot is still in my arms right now.  Transferring her from arms to bed is D.I.F.F.I.C.U.L.T.  She wakes up every single time.  Without fail.  But that is our only struggle and if that's all then we are doing good.

She had her first bath a week ago.  The umbilical stump finally fell off.  I thought it never would!  I remember it took forever for Lauren's to fall off too.  She seemed to enjoy the bath.  Everything was good until we got out and then I think some cold air hit her and she fussed a little.  But all was well again once she was warm and cuddly wrapped in the towel.



Nina and Papa came for a visit last weekend.  It was really nice to see them and Lauren was so excited that Papa got to come this time! 

Okay, I think we are all up to date now.  Whew.


No comments: