When I was pregnant with Lauren I got huge... really big. I gained 40 pounds. So... NO, I don't make the cutest pregnant person you've ever seen. I'm not one of those women that just gets that cute little pooch. I gain weight all over. My arms, legs, butt, face... etc.
BUT.
I do not need to be reminded that I'm getting "bigger and bigger!" EVERY.SINGLE.DAY from my co-workers. Do they think I don't notice? Yes, I do notice, thankyouverymuch. And I also realize that I am growing a baby. I'm also almost 26 weeks pregnant. I wouldn't expect to get smaller. And, I'm only 5 feet and 3 inches tall. With basically no torso. Where else is this baby supposed to go, but out?
I shouldn't let things like that bother me, but when it happens every single day and often multiple times a day it starts to wear on a person. I realize they aren't trying to be mean, but it would be nice if sometimes they would keep their comments to themselves.
I'm big. I know it. I don't need the reminder.
2 comments:
Ha! I know what you mean. People pretty much think they can say anything to a pregnant person. Hang in there. Maybe you could make a sign and carry it with you that says "I know, I look bigger - there is a baby in here!" I think you are actually very cute pregnant and it's wonderful that you are healthy. And you're gonna get comments no matter what. I have a friend who's tall & thin and she got tired of people saying she didn't look pregnant. She was like "okay, so I look like I have a beer belly all the time?" I also gained 40 pounds with my two singletons. The less you start out weighing, the more you should gain so you're doing just fine!
I feel your pain! People can be so thoughtless. I gained 60 pounds with Olivia, and thank goodness I seem to be doing much better this time (only 8 so far but I started out bigger). Every time someone said that to me I had to fight the urge to reply, "You too! When are you due?"
So glad I'm not in an office setting anymore.
Post a Comment