There is a lot on mind... and lots I could talk about, but I'm waiting for the right time. So, it feels like I have nothing to blog about, and really, does it even matter because NO ONE comments on anything anymore. But that's fine... I realize I'm not the funniest and most interesting blog to read and honestly I don't blog for anyone but myself and for memory's sake. I don't scrapbook... I barely make time to blog so this is the virtual scrapbook of our lives. I do it mainly for me and for family.
(But a comment or two would be nice every now and then... let's not kid ourselves here.) Wink.
In no particular order, here is a completely random selection of things:
1. Trey has one more weekend with the rented tractor and I think it's going to be hard for him to take it back. Every night after dinner he sits on the couch with the laptop looking at new and used tractors for sale... he wants one so bad. It's like how I keep looking at this pair of new boots online all the time but haven't committed to buying them yet. Oh, wait, that's really not the same? Yeah, you're right... there's sort of a small price difference between the two. :)
2. Molly will be 7 years old tomorrow. My "little" 80 pound puppy is getting grey hair on her nose and around her eyes... she is just the sweetest (and sometimes most rotten) thing ever. I still love to kiss her on top of her head no matter how badly she reeks of corn chips. She is the color of and often smells exactly like Fritos. I love that dog.
3. Because of the most recent nice weather, the inside house projects have come to a screeching halt. It's fine because there really isn't that much left to do except paint the kitchen and finish putting up the bar and trim work. Hopefully when it starts getting really cold we'll finish the inside and be done for a while.
4. I am really hoping to have a furnished house by Christmas. This is just a personal goal and I'm not sure that Trey is aware of my internal deadline. I'm sure he's laughing as he reads this. But seriously, we deserve a furnished house... it's way past time. The thing is - there is a lot of furniture that needs to be bought for it to be considered completely furnished in my opinion. Here's what we need:
- Dining room table and chairs
- Entry way table/buffet
- Sofa and love seat for the living room (or sectional?)
- Oversized chair or recliner (that doesn't look like a recliner)
- Coffee table - preferably one that is more sqaure and leather topped
- Side table (s)
- Accent chair by the fireplace
- Some type of chest or something to hide childrens toys in the living room
- Accessories, accessories, accessories
That looks like a lot... but really if we shop wisely it shouldn't be TOO bad, cost-wise.
5. The new car and I are very comfortable with each other now. I have had a few instances where I got a little nervous in a parking lot... or when pulling into the stalls at Sonic. My word, I thought those stalls were wider, but in such a large vehicle it is a very different experience! I have driven Trey's truck a lot so I was used to driving something large, but still, to go from a Camry to a Suburban for everyday driving has taken some getting used to. But now I could never go back to something as small as my car. I love sitting up high. Oh sure... maybe when I'm 55 and having a mid-life crisis I'll want a little sporty thing. But for now with children in tow I will be driving something large and in-charge! Incidentally, I do get some long stares and strange looks from people when they see me in this vehicle. It's mostly from men and it cracks me up. I want to say, "Yes, a very tiny woman is driving this bus... you had better watch out!" Ha!
That's about all for now. I'm going to go through the pictures of Molly from when she was little to now and post them tomorrow, in honor of her birthday. If I can get her to sit still for more than 2 seconds I might be able to get a picture of her with a birthday crown... we'll see if that works out!
1 comment:
OOOH! Do you have a secret to tell us?! :)
I'm sorry I never comment! I always read from work and then forget to comment when I'm at home. I'll try to do better because I love comments, too!
I want to see updated house pics! And what all has Trey done with the big tractor?
Post a Comment