Well, Monday is the big day. Lauren will be promoted to the 3 and 4 year old Preschool class at school. I can't believe three years has gone by this fast! She is being moved one month early because a new military family that is coming in takes precedence.
It doesn't bother me that she is moving early, she has been talking about it for months! She is ready to move up and we are excited about all of the things she will learn! We already love her new teacher, Ms. J. But we will miss Ms. S, Ms. C, and Ms. R!!!
That's how I hold my pen, too...
Hopefully, when she starts this new class the daily stomach aches will end. This has been going on for about a week now. I'm not sure if she is really sick or if she just doesn't want to eat dinner when she gets home... so I'm trying to tackle this from all angles. I'm not making her eat everything on her plate because I don't want her to throw it all up later (this has happened in the past and it's NOT fun), but when she comes running for strawberries or fruit snacks later I don't give them to her because I feel like that will create a bad habit. She will think that she can get away with not eating supper and just get fruit or candy. I explain that she has to eat her dinner if she wants dessert or a treat. Nope, it's time to try tough love (I hate tough love by the way, I'm MUCH better and plain old lovey, dovey love). But just in case she really is having stomach troubles I'm giving her MiraLax in her drink. This started just today, but she's been known to have some "issues" in the past. She also tends to have "issues" when she's cutting teeth and I think she might be FINALLY getting her top big molars in the back. Are those 2 year molars? If they are then we are late to the party! Anyway, hopefully the stomach aches will go away soon! I really don't think she is just pretending in order to not eat dinner because she really acts like she doesn't feel good and just wants to lay around. We shall see what happens...
No comments:
Post a Comment