We got to the hospital around 8:15 when were weren't required to be there until 8:45. They quickly got us checked in and into a hospital room to wait. It's the same hospital room we've been in the last 2 or 3 times. I don't know if that is a coincidence or on purpose. Lauren wasn't thrilled with the nurse who came to check her vitals. But I'm sure that was nerves and her remembering what happened 3 weeks ago.
In a trance... Sesame Street was on the TV.
The surgery scheduled before ours was a no show so we got moved up a few minutes early. Lauren was actually in the recovery area by the time her surgery was actually scheduled to start. That has never happened and was a welcomed change!
She had one of the best recoveries she's ever had. She didn't wake up mad or screaming/crying. Just a little nervous and confused. Once I got to pick her up all was well. She was pretty tipsy and a little nauseated, but nothing major. Our recovery nurse was wonderful. We'd had him before and he is just so kind and gentle with her. He's British and I liked listening to his accent. (Incidentally, I remember not liking this nurse the last time we had him, but it was my attitude and not his!) He even walked us downstairs so I had less to carry and ensured we made it to our car through the icy parking lot. The nurses are always the best!
We won't go back for another 6 months or so. More than likely it will be in September or October because she will have to lose any tan she acquired in the summer before having the laser used. But I'm a sunscreen Nazi, so she probably won't have too much of a tan, if any, on her face. After her next treatment we'll probably only have to go once a year for "maintenance" purposes. This is just to ensure that the stain stays light, doesn't get darker or start to thicken. Basically, the doctor told me that her stain is really not getting much lighter with these frequent treatments. So, we've done all we can do. And I'm okay with that.
After all, God is in control and He determines the shade of her PWS. No one else.
So, now we wait for these dots to go away! It will probably take the better part of 4 to 6 weeks before they are completely gone.
Purely coincidence that I dressed her in a polka dot fleece today!
No comments:
Post a Comment