1. Most people have Monday as a holiday. I don't. It's MLK day, in case you were wondering. Apparently the utility industry doesn't observe it. Stink. I could really use another day of rest. I know it sounds premature because it's only Friday night, but I just know I'll be worn out on Sunday. Lots planned this weekend.
2. I went to Wal-Mart for grocery shopping this afternoon instead of waiting for Saturday morning. Of course, the minute I got home and looked in the egg carton I immediately regretted not buying more eggs. Dadgumit. There are probably like 8 eggs still left, but we love eggs in this house and those 8 won't last long. I then realized I'd walked right past (passed?) the green beans. I hate that. So of course I had to start a new list. Does this happen to anyone else?
3. I refuse to leave the house on Saturday. But just because we won't leave the house, it won't be boring around here. This house looks like it was hit by a tornado. And that doesn't even include the remodeling going on in the living room (I'll do a remodeling update soon). Oh, it's just bad. So, cleaning and deep cleaning/scrubbing is a number one priority. I'm hoping the rain holds off long enough for Lauren to get to ride her tricycle outside tomorrow. There will be lots of playing! Cleaning only after Lauren goes down for a nap. And cooking, oh the cooking I have planned! I'm going to make three dishes in large quantities to freeze for us to eat during the week. I've done this before and it works out really great. It's a lot of work on the weekend, but really worth the payoff during the week. I'll be making Chicken Spaghetti, Chicken Rice Broccoli Bake, and another chicken dish but I can't remember the name of it. And Lauren and I will be making Rice Krispie treats, yeah!
4. I'm hoping to be able to visit a Sunday School class this Sunday. We've visited the church a couple of times, but not SS yet. It's hard to walk into a small group (in our case REALLY small because the church we are visiting is tiny compared to what we are used to. Not a bad thing, just different) and not know a soul in there. Of course Satan works hard to get us to believe we don't have to go. And we don't HAVE to go, but we need to and want to. Also, I just have the hardest time parting with Lauren. I'm a working Mom so I eat up every minute I can with her. She is literally my side kick when I'm not at work. But we want her raised going to church and learning about Jesus early. We talked about Jesus a lot at Christmas, but since we don't have a church home yet I don't think it's sticking yet. I'm hoping that once we join and get involved that she'll look forward to going. Right now she doesn't really love being dropped off in the nursery. What can I say? She loves her Mama.
5. I have been drinking a lot more water this week. Of course I'm running to the restroom every 20 minutes all day long. I think drinking all that water is making me more thirsty. I'm just so thirsty all the time! But I'm also hungry too. I wake up hungry and go to bed hungry. It's ridiculous.
6. Tuesday, Jan. 19th is Lauren's appointment for the clinical trial on her PWS. Basically she'll have to endure 2 to 3 laser "pops" to each side of her face. No anesthesia - because this is a test patch and not a full laser procedure. It should only last 30 minutes tops (per the nurses), that includes the rest time between laser "pops". They will have the laser on the lightest setting since this is a test and the first time they have used this type of laser on her. It's a YAG laser, we are used to using a PDL, although in September we got to use the Alexandrite laser. But the hospital only had the Alexandrite for a day. They are trying to buy one, but it takes time. So the YAG is a good option for us, and you never know, it might prove to have better results than anyone expects. I just hate teh fact that she'll have to endure the laser "pops" and actually feel it this time. I am reminding myself that we are doing this for her future and while it might hurt a little now, it will hopefully prevent future emotional scars. And she hopefully won't remember. But she will always know that we are doing everything we can to help her.
2 comments:
The thirstiness comes from the dry heat during winter time. We definitely drink more water than you'd think in the winter time...just b/c of the heat keeping the house warm....
I don't have MLK off either. *pout* I'm making chicken spaghetti this week, too! Your broccoli chicken bake sounds delish - please share the recipe when you have time!
Post a Comment