Work, work all week long
Punchin’ that clock from dusk till dawn.
Countin’ the days till Friday night
That’s when all the conditions are right.
For a good time
I need a good time.
Yea, I’ve been workin’ all week
And I’m tired and I don’t wanna sleep
I wanna have fun
It’s time for a good time
(Alan Jackson's Good Time)
Friday was my "work Friday", but we got home around 3:30 and still had time to play outside and have fun with Daddy.
Then I made a Banana Bread... YUM!
Recipe:
1 cup of sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened (1 stick)
2 eggs
2 to 3 ripe bananas
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
Mix together butter and sugar. Add eggs and bananas. Mix all dry ingredients together and then add slowly to cream mixture until thoroughly combined. Grease and flour a loaf pan. Pour batter into pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
(I doubled the recipe above and put it in a bundt pan. Turned out beautifully!)
Sunday:
Went to church for the 8:00 am service at the First Baptist Church of our small town. It was slim pickin's for the early service, but very nice. I think we were the youngest couple in there by at least 20 years. But I'm embarrased to say this - I haven't felt that welcome in a Southern Baptist church in a LONG time. Maybe because it was smaller. Maybe because it was clear we were visitors. Maybe it was because it was the early service. I can't put my finger on it, but it was a nice feeling to be welcomed and feel welcomed. We will definitely be going back next Sunday.
After church we headed into town to go to none other than Lowe's. (No weekend is complete without at least one trip there). We also went to Sears AND Home Depot, oh my! Trey was on the hunt for a Router. He will use this Router to build our downstairs bathroom cabinet (because the pedastal sink we bought was too big) and possibly ALL THE KITCHEN CABINETS. It's in ALL CAPS because to me this sounds like a daunting task. I assure you, Trey is up to the challenge. And when they are done, they will be beautiful too. He is a perfectionist. Of course, we are no where near ready to start building all the kitchen cabinets, but he'll have all the tools when we are ready. IF we decide to build them ourselves.
Sunday afternoon was spent outside. I pulled Lauren in the wagon some more. Then we joined Daddy in the backyard to play. He was in the shop, hanging more lights.
Lauren helped by picking up the wire nuts that she spilled out.
There was also lots of playing in the dirt. And throwing it at Molly. And sliding down the slide. She had a very busy afternoon.
It was a GREAT weekend! Can't wait for the next one!
No comments:
Post a Comment