1. Trey was out of town last week and got sick upon arriving at his conference. That was not fun for him. And not fun for me because I do not like being home by myself. No, I'm not really by myself, but Lauren goes to bed at 7:30 and after that the house gets quiet and my imagination turns up about 100 notches. Trey gone = me no sleep.
2. We (Trey) finished the tile in the bathrooms upstairs! Yea! And the painter comes tomorrow to start painting all the rooms up there (two bedrooms, jack and jill bath, and bonus room). Now, I know what you're thinking, "Why would you pay someone to paint when you can do it yourselves?" Because we don't want to do it ourselves and it would take FOREVER to paint all that with just the two of us working after Lauren goes to bed each night. We are TIRED. And we are trying our best to get the upstairs done so my parents will have a place to stay when they visit in October. And it will only take the painter like 4 or 5 days to do it ALL. (Ceilings, walls, trim) That's why.
3. We've been sick as dogs. Trey is a little better now, but he got sick before me and Lauren did. She has a slight cough for several days, and then she ran fever on Sunday. Another ear infection. Dadgumit! We were just at her 2 year well visit a week and a half ago and the doctor said her ears were good and now a week later the doctor says her ears are "really bad." HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN? Poor thing, she's so snotty and still coughing a little, but no more fever. I'm staying home with her again today so she can rest before returning to school (we call daycare school).
And me, well I just sound like a barking dog, or seal, or sea lion or something. I can't stop coughing to save my life. Oh and I have bronchitis. Just like last year. And again, I got the medicine that leaves the taste of metal in my mouth. Yipee Skippy.
So, I've been home with Lauren yesterday and today and I have really loved it. Although she is fighting me taking a nap right now and now I know how the daycare feels. She does not nap there well. And usually she naps well at home, but she knows I'm a pushover and even more so when she's sick, so she's trying everything to get out of that bed and using tears as her weapon.
"I need tee-tee in da potty, Mama."
"I need milk, Mama."
"I need baby, Mama." (her baby doll)
She's got my number, she does. She has no fever today and she is acting completely normal. I think I needed another day of rest just as much as she did. This constant coughing wears me out.
Now I've got to get some stuff done while she's napping... but what I really want is take a nap myself!
No comments:
Post a Comment