Wednesday, June 10, 2009

And then I screamed like a little girl

As I reached for the the door handle and pushed it open to take Lauren out the the playground this morning, something out of the ordinary happened. Lauren was in on my left hip and I pushed the door with my right hand.

And from out of nowhere (okay from right above me), a tree frog fell out of the sky and jumped on my arm before landing on the ground. It didn't really fall out of the sky... I think it was hanging out in the door frame. But it scared me no less. I would be lying if I said I didn't scream. Lauren's teacher even told me that I gave my lungs a good workout this morning. Ha!

The window in the door is tinted glass so I could see their faces (shock, awe) but they couldn't see mine. I started laughing. It was funny! And I was embarrassed that I screamed like that.

Lauren didn't even know what happened. She had the - "What is it Mama?" look on her face.

Then the frog decided to head on into the classroom. One of the preschoolers ran inside to catch it. She was successful and chased it outside. This little preschooler seriously loves frogs.

And, for the record, I like frogs too. I really do... but I just didn't expect one to jump on me this morning. He looked very similar to this little froggie... what a cutie.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Oh my gosh! I would have died. Seriously, I probably would have dropped Lauren. You are a good mom!!!