We moved in to our “new” house just over 2 months ago. This is what the stairs and upstairs look like right now. 


I’ve done nothing but complain. I should learn to be more appreciative of my husband’s craftsman and remodeling abilities and stop whining about the mess.
After all, we never go upstairs right now. We don’t need to since our room and Lauren’s room is downstairs. The upstairs is just bonus right now, so it’s good that we are starting the remodeling process up there.
I guess I just get overwhelmed at the enormity of the task and how much there is to do and how I’m so impatient about it all. I have the – I want it right now – attitude and it’s just not realistic at all.
Trey does a PHENOMENAL job with home improvement projects. He truly is gifted and talented and I we save a ton of money in labor costs by doing the work ourselves… Ahem – HIMSELF. Because truth be told I don’t help out that much unless it involves painting or bringing him tools he needs.
I’ve done nothing but complain. I should learn to be more appreciative of my husband’s craftsman and remodeling abilities and stop whining about the mess.
After all, we never go upstairs right now. We don’t need to since our room and Lauren’s room is downstairs. The upstairs is just bonus right now, so it’s good that we are starting the remodeling process up there.
I guess I just get overwhelmed at the enormity of the task and how much there is to do and how I’m so impatient about it all. I have the – I want it right now – attitude and it’s just not realistic at all.
Trey does a PHENOMENAL job with home improvement projects. He truly is gifted and talented and I we save a ton of money in labor costs by doing the work ourselves… Ahem – HIMSELF. Because truth be told I don’t help out that much unless it involves painting or bringing him tools he needs.
In my defense it’s hard to help out when Lauren wants to help too. I think she might learn how to swing a hammer and lay down tile floors by the time she’s three.
Here is an example of Trey’s skills…
This bathroom was GUTTED (in our first house) – literally striped down to the studs it was so bad.



This picture was taken after we'd moved out, but you get the gist of the change.
To say that Trey is talented is an understatement. His only crutch is me, his nagging wife. Who wants things done yesterday.
This time I’m going to go with the flow (I really am trying, honey). I’m going to be more help and less hindrance. I’m not going to whine or nag. Just encourage.
Honey, please be ever so gentle with me in the event you hear me begin to whine.
No comments:
Post a Comment