It feels as though we are church homeless again. Finding a new church home is always challenging. It's very hard to walk into a room of people knowing not a soul and then try to fit in.
Will they like us?
Do we belong here?
Where does God want us to serve?
Trey and I have been involved in our churches our whole lives. He was active in church in high school and so was I. We were both involved in the college ministry at church in college. He went here and I went here... until he started coming to church with me. :) Even through all of the hooplah that went on the summer of 2002 I still miss Temple. I miss the people and the friendships and the choir. I miss participating in church. Because truth be told since we left Ruston 6 years ago we haven't found our niche. We haven't felt "comfortable" in church, until we began going here. And now we have to leave it. And I know it's for the best because God is showing us the way, but it still hurts to have to start all over... again.
The great news is that I have had some wonderful Godly women invite us to their church, down here. We haven't been yet but we are planning on visiting soon.
I know in my heart that God will show us where he wants us to serve, but the process is sometimes hard to endure. Before Geyer Springs we visited countless churches and it took more than a year for us to join. I truly don't want us to end up stretching it out that long again this time.
I want to walk in the sanctuary doors and feel God's presence and know that he is calling us to that place.
I really don't think that's a lot to ask. I want God to move in our hearts. More than anything I want Lauren to grow up learning about Jesus from us and our church and for her to feel the love of Christ. And of course I want her to follow Jesus as her Savior.
I think choosing a church home is important for us and Lauren. Not only because we are called to gather as a body of believers, but because of the example we are to set for our children. I am rooted deep in my faith because of Sunday School teachers and Pastors from my childhood.
Our new church home will not be her primary teachers though. That is our calling and our pleasure as her parents. I have been telling Lauren about Jesus lately. I want her to know his name.
One day she will understand that Jesus Paid It All. All to Him we owe.
Happy Easter everyone.
3 comments:
I miss Temple too... Even with all of the hoopla that went on the 3 years I was there....
It is difficult to find a new church home... we're in the same boat right now. We loved our church in South LA, nothing like Temple... small, quaint, everyone knew everyone and they already knew of you when you walked in... It wasn't like walking into a sanctuary of strangers.
I do have a new friend that goes to one of the larger church's in this area... It's about a 30 minute drive for us... So we haven't vistied yet. There's a First Baptist right down the road that we want to try first... It's just getting over that hump to walk into a place of strangers... I know, excuses.... we'll make it... Just need a push.
Just wanted to let you know I'm praying for you and Trey right now!! God is good and will lead you to the right church!! I know the "scariness" of it, but once you find a church you can call home....it's worth the wait!!
Kristin
I know how this feels, we had to do it too when we moved to Tyler. I will keep you in my prayers that God will open the right door and you will find your new church home and will be able to get involved soon!
Post a Comment