Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Delirious

I'm so tired. I'm running on 1 1/2 hours of sleep. It was just one of those nights of tossing and turning. I could not get my mind to turn off. I tried everything except medication. Tonight I am taking the Tylenol PM whether I need it or not.

Want to know what I was thinking about? Houses. We saw 2 more houses yesterday and I was comparing them and trying to decorate them in my head all night. Should the furniture go this way, or that way? I'm sure the caffeine from the Diet Coke at dinner was not helping. And the McDonald's supper that gave me indesgtion was also contributing to my insomnia. But it was mostly the houses. One is slightly smaller than the other... one has a bigger yard... I think by 3:00 am I had finally decided which one I wanted and then my body just passed out. Then I was rudely awaken by the alarm clock at 4:30 am. I didn't cry, although I wanted to.

As soon as Trey got up I announced which house I thought we should buy. I can't remember what he said right after that because I probably turned on the hair dryer. I am desperately trying to stop making us late for work every day. (I really am trying, honey. I know I hit the snooze button, but I just can't bounce out of bed like you.)

Anyway, so on the way to work we pass a newly developed subdivision in the town of "insert small town name here". Trey says to me, "Maybe we need to look at those houses too".

Well, fart.

Okay, so we should probably continue our search until we've seen everything... I don't disagree with that, but it just means that all my tossing and turning and decorating the other house in my head were in VAIN.

We might still buy that house that I mentally picked out the window treatments for... but I guess we'll just have to wait and see. And that poses a real problem for someone who is somewhat, okay VERY impatient.

1 comment:

LA and BD said...

Only 1 1/2 hours of sleep is definitely not enough - hope you sleep better/more tonight! I agree that house hunting is very stressful; do you guys have your current house up on the market yet?