Saturday, January 10, 2009

Remodel: Before and After

Before: Wood floors in the living room and open to the dining room. It was okay, but not my favorite.

During: Plastic barriers... sheet rock dust... a mess.
After: A brand new wall! The living room is complete with new paint, new carpet, and new molding. We still need to decorate. I will need some MAJOR help in this area, because this is not a strength for me. We will get a new chair to replace the recliner. It doesn't really fit the room. And probably a new coffee table that is square instead of rectangular. But really folks, I'm not kidding when I say I'll need help. I mean... can someone go shopping with me? Please?

The TV will be above the fireplace. We decided that was the only way to arrange the room. The fireplace is so pretty we didn't want the focus to be anywhere else. We'll eventually get a bigger flatscreen and then mount it to the wall. But for now it is fine resting on the mantel. Oh, and you see the lamps on my side tables? Do I need bigger lamps?

Note: We did keep the wood floors in the dining room, in case you were wondering. And no, the dining room is not complete yet. The sheet rock on that side of the new wall needs another coat or two of "mud". Still have to texture the wall. Then it will need paint. And new floor moldings. And the french doors still have to be painted. And oh, the new tile in the foyer needs to be laid... and that room will need to be repainted I'm sure. Wow... that sounds like a lot. Dadgumit.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Ohhhh.... very nice!

1. Lamps are a fine size. Look good from the picture, at lease.

2. Wall - GOOD! I was so afraid it was going to section off or close up your open floor plan, but I think it does look nice. Do you have an opening from the dining to the kitchen? I can't remember.

3. I'll ALWAYS entertain the idea of shopping! Especially for home decor!! ;)

So......... my house's turn? When can we borrow Trey? :)

Tracy said...

Yes, there is an opening - a pocket door, from the dining room to the kitchen. And the doorway on the entryway side will have french doors.

You can have him when he finishes the dining room... :)