Thursday, November 20, 2008

Driving Kanundrums

Thanks to Trooper Phillips, #813, I did NOT receive a speeding ticket yesterday afternoon. Although I am not in denial that I totally deserved one. I was going 75 mph on the interstate. IN A WORK ZONE. oops. Little did I realize that the work zone speed limit is 60. Yowsa! That would have been a BIG ticket, because fines are doubled in work zones. The Lord surely saved me from that one. I have a gut feeling that had I been talking on my cell phone he surely would have given me a ticket. And typically I would have been, except my battery was dead. Thank goodness for that!

Here's how the conversation went:

Trooper Phillips: "Can I have your license and registration? Ma'am, I clocked you going 75 back there in the work zone."
Tracy: "Yes, sir."
Trooper Phillips: "Why are you in such a hurry?"
Tracy: "Just ready to get home, sir." (I think the "sir" helped)
Trooper Phillips: (holding my drivers license) "Do you still live in Bryant?"
Tracy: "Yes, sir."
Trooper Phillips: "Well, if I write you a warning, will you promise to slow down coming through here next time?"
Tracy: "Yes, sir!"

I drove away smiling. And went the speed limit the rest of the way home.

This experience was quite UNLIKE an occasion when I was pulled over, again on I-530, by Trooper A 44. He was so mean. At one point in the conversation (which was completely one-sided), he said, "Well, you can tell THAT to the judge!"
Again, I drove away with a warning, but still... very different experience.
I still feel smoke coming out of my ears everytime I see his Trooper car, with the A 44 on the plate. Ironically, I saw it yesterday morning. *shudder*

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

How do YOU get so lucky?? I got pulled over and got a ticket, no questions asked!?! It was $190!?! Money I will never get back.. Ugh.