Friday, November 07, 2008

Diapers, diapers, and more diapers

71 size 1 diapers to be exact for this creation:
(also includes large size baby wash, 4 oz bottle, two pair of baby socks, 2 teething rings, 2 pacifiers, one pair of booties, one baby rattle, and one bib. Plus the ribbon and what seemed like a thousand rubber bands to hold it together. Dear Lord, please let it stay together for the car ride tonight)




My first attempt at a making a diaper cake. I think it turned out pretty cute. The little blue booties on top say, Thank Heaven for Little Boys. And the bib says DROOL at a moment's notice. I like it. It was fun to make. It's simple, probably because I'm simple.
Thanks to my mom for helping me hold the diapers while securing the ribbon and decorating. And thanks to Trey for cutting out the cardboard to sit it on. I don't know how anyone would have made this with just 2 hands. Mine required 6 hands... and some teeth to hold the tape. :)

2 comments:

The Proctors said...

The diaper cake looks so cute! I can't imagine one person doing that! You did a great job!

The Nelson Family said...

But it was so cute!! Great job. I thought you must have been a pro at making these!