Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Baby fingers

If she wanted some peanut butter, all she had to do was ask... Instead, Lauren decided to experiment with a mouse trap. OUCH! Yes, it hurt, but no, it did not break her finger as I thought it might have.

Long story short: We went to the camp this weekend for some duck hunting. There is a mouse on the loose in the camp house (trailer) and my dad has been trying to catch it. No signs of it lately. But the mouse traps got set just in case. The next morning no mouse had been caught and I thought I had picked up all the traps off the floor (and I almost snagged my finger in the process too), but apparently I missed the one behind the refrigerator. NO GOOD.

So, Lauren's playing and then all of sudden... SMACK! Followed by WAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!! And I ran over there to pry back the metal clasp to free her finger which is already red and swollen. Poor baby, I'd be whaling too if it'd happended to me. So Daddy distracts her while we determine if her finger is broken... it's not.

She recovered pretty fast and was playing again in no time.

If it had been me... I'd had milked it for a lot longer. But she doesn't know anything about that just yet.

1 comment:

LA and BD said...

OUCH!! Glad she's okay! (And you too -- I'm sure that was scary for you as well!) ~LA