Thursday, October 02, 2008

Clutz...

First things first - YEAH! Answered prayers for our Sunday School class members and friends. The babies were born without major complications yesterday afternoon at 4:20 pm. I saw a couple of pictures and they are precious. If you saw this yesterday and prayed for them… thank you. I know they appreciate your prayers.


In other news…
I am clumsy. This is not news to those of you that know me well. I run into things, bump into things, drop things, and trip up a LOT. It’s amazing I’ve never broken a toe as many times as I’ve run them into things. And I have bruises that I have no idea how they got there. Most of the time I can’t remember why something hurts, because that’s just how often I am bruised. It’s really quite ridiculous. Yesterday was no exception, except today I remember why my foot hurts. Here’s how it went:
We were picking up Lauren from daycare yesterday and I was buckling her in her car seat when I realized we were missing the “paccy”. We would not have made it home unless we had it. I’m not even sure when we’ll be able to get her off it, but now is not the time. Anyway… Trey was in the car, so I quickly ran back into the building to get it from her cubby. As I was coming back out I was walking quickly down the slope to the car and WHAM! My right foot completely rolled under and all my weight fell onto the side of my foot. OUCH. Immediately I started limping and gasping for air trying not to cry, but I was crying because man that hurt. I don’t think Trey saw me do it, but I’m sure he wasn’t surprised by the fact that I tripped. So I get into the car and I’m crying because my foot is hurting, but also because I know that my BRAND NEW SHOES are scuffed. I’m fairly certain that 50% of the tears were about the shoes. I’m really hoping that Trey is right and I’ll be able to buff out the scuff on the side, but it just aggravates me to no end that as soon as I get a new pair of shoes I mess them up. It was bound to happen with my clumsiness, but I was hoping to have had them at least a month before it happened. And this is why I don’t buy expensive shoes (although this pair was expensive... an even better reason to be upset!). Sigh.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh man! I would be upset about the shoes, too!!!! But I hope your foot is okay!

auDi tHis woRld said...

Sorry about the shoes...and about your foot.

LOVE your blog background - I just signed on to the website and changed ours...VERY FUN!

LA and BD said...

UGH! Scuffing up a new pair of shoes is always a bummer, much less rolling your ankle while doing it! OUCH! I am the exact same way with the bruises. And I should just not be allowed to go near a staircase -- it is pretty much a given that I am going to trip (up or down) on a staircase! Hope your foot is all better now! ~LA