Wednesday, October 22, 2008

14 months old yesterday!

I was going to make this a “Wordless Wednesday” post, but Lauren turned 14 months old yesterday I just can’t do it! I know I SERIOUSLY need to get the recent pictures off the camera and onto the computer, but finding the time is proving to be difficult. Maybe this weekend… (although I’ve said that for the past 3 weekends).

Okay, so at 14 months Lauren is up to the following:

  • Standing on her own, Yea! She is not walking yet, but I know she will be soon because she is getting more and more brave. I’m trying not to worry about this too much… I didn’t walk until about 14 months either.

  • She is still babbling all the time, incoherently. Although she does say Dada, Uh Oh, Hey (while waving), and occasionally Momma.

  • She is understanding a lot more. I know this because I can tell her to do something, like, “Drink some milk” and she picks up her sippy cup and drinks. Also, I can tell her to “Sit down” when she stands up in the high chair and she smiles and keeps standing. Ah, yes – defiance.

  • She shakes her head No when she doesn’t want anything else… like last night when Trey tried to get her to have one more bite of the hamburger steak. She quickly shook her head No. Then Trey offered her chocolate pudding and she opened her little mouth WIDE. (Of course, Daddy, having the last word, decided to give her a bite of “meat pudding”. Yep, he put a bite of hamburger steak in the pudding and she ate it. But only once. The next time he tried it she spit it out. It sounds mean, but it was pretty funny. She then ate the rest of the pudding cup.)

  • She loves Molly and loves to give Molly doggy treats. I keep trying to teach her the word “dog”, but it’s not happening yet.

  • She loves to turn the water on and off in the bathtub. She gets the biggest kick out of that.


  • Still riding backwards in the car… maybe by the time Christmas rolls around she’ll weigh enough to ride facing forward. We can only hope.

  • She finally cut her top two teeth a few weeks ago. They are slowing moving down with a little gap in the middle. And the other teeth on each side of the top two are coming in also. No more bottom teeth yet… unless there’s a molar back there I’m not aware of.

  • She likes the Blistex I’ve been using on her lips recently. They are chapped in the corners of her mouth. She keeps trying to lick it. But usually she leans forward and pokes her lips out to get it on there.

  • She smiles at me every morning, even if she’s not quite awake yet. Warms my heart.


  • She loves to play with shoes in her closet. As soon as she's dressed, she makes a bee line for it!

  • She loves to look in my purse and pull things out... "Hey momma, you got any money in here?"

    WHAT?! What you do you mean you don't have any???



  • She still hates being dropped off at daycare… still cries everyday. I hate it too.

No comments: