Monday, September 22, 2008

Weekend fun and politics

We spent the weekend at Nina and Poppa's hunting camp in New Boston, TX. It was fun, but I forgot my camera, so I'll have to get Nina to email me some pictures.
Trey and Poppa went duck hunting on Saturday and Sunday morning for teal. They got their limit both mornings, yea! So, Sunday night we ate duck for dinner. Yum, yum.
I've grown up eating wild game my whole life. I can't imagine not having deer meat or duck. One of our favorite meals growing up was fried deer meat with mashed taters and gravy. My mouth is already watering...

Here's a list of some wild game that I've had and hope that Lauren will have one day too:(although she's already had duck and liked it!)
Venison (deer)
Duck
Dove
Quail
Wild hog
Squirrel (this one is not my fav though...)
Frog legs (wild game? ... not sure)

I think that might be it... :)


Call me a dork - but I am really looking forward to watching the Presidential debate this Friday. I hope McCain cleans the floor with that silly Obama. I really want to say something other than silly, but I'll just leave it at that for now. I am ANTI Obama and I'm not afraid to say it. The man has no experience that would in any way shape or form allow him to be President and don't even get me started on his view of abortion. A baby is a PERSON at the time of conception people... it is not a "thing" to be disguarded. A baby has rights too... Why are we not protecting the innocent babies of this world???? WHEW. Deep breath... I'm okay.

I might get on my soapbox every now and again until election day. I can get pretty fired up when it comes to politics. I don't know why... not sure where it comes from.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You Go Girl!!! I feel the same way about Obama.. America ...Wake up!

I keep up with your blog thro' Robins.Somehow, it makes me feel closer to her. You have a precious girl. Take care ..And God Bless..
Robin's mom-Joyce

Go McCain/Palin