Monday, August 18, 2008

I give up

That's it - I'm returning the newly purchased contact lenses. Our 15 year relationship is over, it's just not working out. As much as I want to wear them, they are uncomfortable and I look AWFUL. I have persistent dry and red eyes sans contacts and with them, well, it's even worse. So, I'm stuck in glasses until some medical genius can figure out how to cure my lack of sight, without corrective lenses.

It feels like I'm halfway to blind... and quite literally I might be. On the contacts scale mine were at a -7.00, and I think they only go up to -9.00.

Oh well - glasses it is, until the cataracts get big enough to operate and then I'll have some hope of getting out of these glasses. I'm sure by the time I'm 80 and have that surgery I won't care anymore... until then, I still care - even if it's vanity that makes me care. Maybe God's trying to tell me something. :)

No comments: