Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Merry Christmas!



"I'll Be Home For Christmas"... will most likely not be our theme song this year. Lauren was diagnosed with RSV yesterday. It's actually a pretty common respiratory illness, but it just reeks havoc on a baby. It amounts to a very deep chest cold, and since she is so little (and because it's a viral infection) there are no "medicines" to treat it. We were given an inhaler and mask to use on her 4 times a day. You can imagine that she just loves having a mask held down on her face for for 2-3 minutes. FUN STUFF. I just feel so bad for her because she is just miserable, you can see it in her eyes.
So... I'm not sure if we will be making the trip to Shreveport for Christmas. I really don't think that traveling with her sick is a good idea... and she is contagious and I don't want to bring that germ to our families. "Merry Christmas! Here, have a chest cold."
We will just to have to have a small, quiet Christmas at home this year, and have Christmas with our folks sometime in January.
Merry Christmas, from our house to yours.


No comments: